Friday, September 22, 2006

Journal #24

This has been a tough week. I passed my Grado B test on Wednesday with an 84. I dove right into Grado C. Silvia, my teacher, had an internet student from 4-6 pm Tuesday-Friday so she asked me if I wanted to take 2 hours in the afternoon (2-4 pm) since she was here anyway. She had nothing else to do and was willing to teach me some more. I thought it would be a good idea so I started the additional 2 hours on Wednesday after my regular 4 hours. 2 more hours make a big difference.

We have moved at a very fast pace and taking classes in the afternoon does not give you as much time to study in the afternoon and evening. Plus you are covering more material. I am glad that I did it for 3 days but am glad that it is over. We are halfway through Grado C already and I should be able to take the test next Friday. I will end my Spanish class experience with a test. How appropriate!

We usually have no life outside of school and studying since it is so intense. This week has been even more "lifeless" for me with all the hours. Our days are limited now and we want to cram in as much as possible. Next week will be an intense week for both of us.

Our friends we have made here are leaving tomorrow so things will quiet down on that end. It was great to see all of them graduate today during the break. Only 5 more days and I get my diploma! Fireworks may go off when it happens. We are going out to eat with all of them tonight to celebrate and say good-bye. Other than that, our (or at least my) weekend is full with studying. I am eager to get to Honduras to see how much I have actually learned. Have a great weekend!

Adios,
Chad

No comments: