Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Journal #19

Tuesday, September 13, 2006

We did not write yesterday because it was a bad day for both of us. In class, we could not even remember the basics of Spanish. They say you have some of those days because you are learning so much so quickly that you are literally saturated. I believe it after yesterday. Shelly and I had to get away from Spanish for a while yesterday afternoon so we took a long walk around Antigua (Shelly was actually looking for the Dunkin Doughnuts because she was craving one but we never found it). It was good to get Spanish off the brain and do something else.

I went to bed right after supper which was about 8:00 pm because I had a huge headache. I woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. and was ready to start the day. I could tell a huge difference. My teacher, Silvia, even questioned if I was the real Chad today. She thought I was a clone. It is amazing what sleep can do for you. We both feel a whole lot better today.

Guatemala is getting ready for their "4th of July" which is Friday, the 15th. People are decorating their homes and businesses with flags and such. There is a huge flag raising ceremony in central park tomorrow at 6:00 pm to commence the special day. There are to be thousands of people present. I think we are going to try to stop by there on the way to Bible study.

We finalized our travel plans to the States this week. We will be arriving in Nashville on October 6th and returning to Honduras on the 16th. I will be giving Berry's Chapel a short, but important, update on us on the 8th. We are excited to return back after 2 months. It will be so good to see people we love.

We have our 2nd fundraiser dinner for Las Palmas Refuge set for October 10th. If you are hearing about this for the first time, YOU ARE INVITED! Get with my mom (Debbie Hedgepath) at hedged@Brentwood-tn.org or Mac Hughes at mac@thehughesgroupllc.net for more information. I hope to see many of you there.

We are receiving a great donation from Franklin Special Schools for the Mission Lazarus preaching school. They are donating a 40' trailer full of school desks and furniture. That will help these men as they study to preach the Word of God and adjust to their new building they just moved into.

Have a great rest of the day and be thankful for the English language that we know so well.

Adios amigos!
Chad

No comments: