Thursday, September 07, 2006

Journal #17

Thursday, September 7, 2006

Well, this week is flying by. Chad and I were talking just before lunch today that it is already Thursday and we are already out of class for the day. The time here is going so quickly for us, but yet it seems we have been gone for so long. Today is our one month anniversary of starting our classes in Antigua. My mom brought this to my attention through a comment she wrote on our blog today. It is amazing what we have accomplished in just one month. I am excited to get to use what I have learned in my every day life.

I am going today to study with our friend from Texas. She and I both have our Grado B test tomorrow. I thought this morning in class how nice it would be to study with someone instead of trying to study alone. Yes, I have Chad to study with, but he and I are not at the same level in our book. I am looking forward to the afternoon.

We will go to Bible study tonight. We have a new lady that wants to joins us. She is from Washington state and seems very nice. Chad talked to her today for a while during the break at school and learned a little about her. I am hoping to get to know her this evening as we study together.

We visited the market on Monday afternoon. I am telling you it is unlike any market I have EVER been to. If you can imagine the largest flea market you have attended and quadruple it. That is probably not as large as this market. I wish you could see it. I could not get over all the booths they had there. There were shoes, clothes, baby items, leather shops, food, food and more food. They had meat (chicken, beef, sausages, pork, etc.) hanging everywhere. I am sure there were things that we could not identify. I also was totally amazed at all the fruits and vegetables that these vendors have. Saturday morning I am going with Maria, our host mother, to do her shopping at the market. I am excited about that experience. I am sure some of you have experienced something like this before. It was a first time experience for me and WOW I am amazed.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Only one more day until the weekend. Lots of love to you all!

Shelly

No comments: