Friday, March 27, 2009

Meet Baxter!

Meet Baxter Hedgepath. He is Shelly and my new puppy. He is 11 weeks old and weighs about 3 1/2 lbs. A few months ago, Shelly started getting the itch to start looking for a new dog. Many of you know that Tristan died a year ago in February and it took a while for Shelly to get ready for a new dog. If you knew Shelly and Tristan, you knew that they were best friends.

I called Shelly one night while I was in Honduras a few weeks ago and she said that she thought she found a new puppy for us. She said that a woman from Mt. Juliet was going to meet us near the airport the day I arrived from Honduras. We met the lady 30 minutes after I landed, I looked the puppy over and she had all the papers. The next thing I knew, we had a puppy in our car and were heading home.

He is nice to have around...when he is sleeping! Just kidding. Going through the whole training process again is tough but he will get it one day. He starts obedience school tonight at 7 pm at PetSmart in Cool Springs. We have class with him for the next 2 months every Friday night. We will see how intelligent he really is.

I forgot to say that he is a Maltese and very healthy. Tristan had his favorite duck and Baxter has his favorite stuffed giraffe which you can see in the picture above. Many people have heard about Baxter and I wanted to take this chance to introduce him to the world. Enjoy.

Chad

No comments: