Sunday, September 30, 2007

Almost October

Can you believe that tomorrow will be October? Time is flying by. We have been busy with my cousin, Amy Lofton Hartford, and her husband's visit with us last week. They took their vacation to spend a week with us. We showed them all the projects going on early in the week and then went to Roatan for the last half of the week. They left yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed them being with us for the week. It is awesome to have family (and friends) around you sharing in what you love to do. Thank you Amy and Sam for your visit and come back really soon!

Roatan was great. It is the Caribbean island off the shore of Honduras. It is the biggest revenue producer for Honduras since it is totally geared toward tourism. They have 3 or 4 Carnival cruise ships dock on the island for the day which produces major money for the country. They have been voted the top 5 dive sites in the world. The weather was HOT and the water was crystal clear. Sam and I spent one morning snorkeling and seeing the beauty of God's creature below the surface. What a sight!

I began Amy and Sam's visit with a bad cold. I had a 102 degree fever, cough, headache, pains in my body for 2 days when they first arrived. I was not very fun to be around. I still have my cough right now but it is getting much better. I am on medicine and think that all will go away by the first of the week.

We are gearing up for my mom and grandmother's visit this Wednesday. They will be here for 5 days and we cannot wait for them to see all the projects. We will have to put some incriminating photos of them on the blog for everyone to see while they are here.

It is a sunny day here and we are catching up on rest and computer work today. Enjoy your day and let us here from you soon!

Chad

1 comment:

Abigail and Ansley said...

I love checking in on your journey in Honduras! I would love to go back to Roatan one day! I am glad that you all had a nice stay! Is the Inn of Last Resort still there?