Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update

We have been extremely busy lately with day to day activities that I have not had the chance to actually sit down and update our blog. I do want you to know that we moved our children into the new house last Friday and it was a day I will never forget. Their faces expressed every emotion I could ever imagine them having. Just to give you one little hint of what it was like...we played in the sinks for an hour with the HOT water. They were amazed. Their showers will never be the same. What a blessing!

I am putting together a full report to send nationwide with pictures and such but wanted those who read our blog to actually know that the children are in their new house thanks to the work of our skilled laborers on the ranch and our home congregation, Berry's Chapel. I cannot wait until the next one if finished so we can experience that great day all over again with some new children. Maple Hill is building that one and are ready to work.

We also celebrated Independence Day in Honduras last Saturday in the new house (it is the biggest house out of all the missionaries). We invited Doris Corrales, our Director, and her family who have a rich history in the San Marcos area and the ranch itself. We had a spread: tacos, pasta salad, beans, tortillas, brownies, cookies, coke...the works. It was awesome! The kids enjoyed the leftovers on Sunday also.

I am sorry that I do not have pictures to post but Shelly has the camera in Choluteca today. I am working here in San Marcos. I will be sending a massive email out soon with all the details of the new house and the children. Thanks for your prayers in our start-up and making this dream become a reality. Talk to you soon.

Chad

1 comment:

Emy said...

Wow, that's so exciting!! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for everyone. I've enjoyed reading your posts - Emily