Friday, December 07, 2007

A Great Man

The world lost a great man today. Gerardo Flores passed away this afternoon after suffering from sickle cell anemia his whole life. He was only 35 years old. He has been in and out of the hospital all year and was there when he died. His family will have his body in their home tonight and will move it to their church building tomorrow morning. They will bury him on Sunday afternoon. Please keep his wife, Sandra, and his family in your prayers.

I will never forget Gerardo. He was my best friend in Honduras. I loved his smile. I loved the way he shaked his shoulders when he laughed. He was always so optimistic and happy. He would do anything to help you out. I have never met anyone like him in being so giving all the time. He would make the time to spend with you and made you feel like the top of the world. I love him. I will miss him. I cannot believe that I will not be able to see him face to face any more. I have so many memories of him that I will cherish forever.

Thank you Gerardo for being so special in my life. Thank you for being so encouraging and teaching me more than you will ever know. I want you to know that I will do whatever it takes to see that Sandra and your family are taken care of. I can't wait to see you in Heaven.

Chad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chad my name is Odette and I live in Franklin. I am amazed at the work being done in Honduras. I have been USA all my life but was born in Tigusigalpa, Honduras. I have not gone back for many years, my mom wants to go visit her family and do some paper work but the tickets have been to high for her. I would like to go back one day and with a a camara and do a documentary on my country and family and where I came from and why we left. God has given you all the ability too help others from different countries and also to be able to meet long life friends. Continue your work for things above, and the work you are doing for a country where I was physically born and though I have been in the USA all my life my country is in my blood, my mind, my bieng. Thanks Odette

Jeanne said...

Chad, I hurt for you...We will miss our precious Gerardo. I don't think it has still set in yet completely that he is gone and not coming back. As the new year begins at Baxter without Gerardo, I think that's when it will become real. I appreciated all the beautiful words you expressed after the worship service on Sunday morning. You have been such a strength to Sandra and the family, I'm sure. We love you and will continue to pray for Sandra, the family and all who loved Gerardo. Won't Heaven be grand???

Love, Jeanne