Monday, May 14, 2007

In the States

Shelly and I are in the States right now until the 21st. I have the opportunity to perform my cousin's wedding next Saturday in Bowling Green, KY. I also had the opportunity to talk to the congregation at Maple Hill church of Christ last night in Lebanon, TN. It was a great evening and great to see their enthusiasm for Mission Lazarus. They plan on paying for and sending a group of 40 men next February to build our next house at Mission Lazarus Refuge.

Shelly and I both got to spend Mother's Day with our moms which was special for everyone. We also spent today at the lake with Shelly's family on their pontoon which is always enjoyable. We have many people to see and much work to do before the 21st here in the States. We will get back with you on our blog when we return to Honduras.

Oh, I almost forgot, I got word today that one of our children we take care of, Diana (13 years old) was baptized last night in San Marcos de Colon. She has been thinking about it and finally made the decision last night. What a great announcement! I am so eager to get back to Honduras and give her a big hug and help her start her Christian walk. Please keep her on your prayer list. God is good!

Chad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOWDY!!!!!! It sure was great to see yall again. Chad you did an absolutely wonderful job last Sunday night!! Your lesson was great and it was wonderful hearing of your work in Honduras. Shelly I missed your terrific hug!! I TOLD Chad to give you a big mommadough Hug. (I hope he did) Continue on with the work our Lord has given you to do and keep looking to the Master for His guidance. I love you both very much!!

Lorie