Thursday, August 24, 2006

Picture of the Iglesia de Cristo in Antigua, Guatemala

Here they are finally! Today is a good computer day. These are pictures of the church building we have been attending. They have a great flower committee! We will go back tonight for Bible Study at 6:00 pm. We plan on going to supper after with some of our friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. I believe we are going to try the Italian restaurant we have heard so much about.

You won't believe what happened today! We were eating lunch in our house with our family and Ana Julia (the daughter-in-law) left the table to go to the kitchen. Each day we have what they call "fresca" which is a watered down version of some kind of fruit punch. Today it was raspberry. She reappeared out of the kitchen with a bowl of ICE! Yes, you read correctly. She had ice and she was going to actually put it in our glasses WITH our drinks. Can you believe it? It exists in Guatemala. I don't know why she chose today to put ice in the drinks for it was as lukewarm as any other day, BUT now I know there is ice in the house. I will have to investigate some more on it. It tasted great. I used it as far as it would go with 2 small glasses of ICE WATER!

I have two more chapters in Book A to finish tomorrow and I should take the test early next week. I know many of you are curious on how that will turn out. You will have to wait and see!

I am working on a great journal about 2 "domesticas" at our house. It will be one you will not want to miss. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading and keeping up with us.

Chad

No comments: