Monday, August 28, 2006

Journal #12

I have to make this short because my head is barely above water with so much to do. I will fully update you in a day or two but here it goes...

First, Shelly is sick so I am taking care of her. Her stomach started cramping on Friday afternoon and has not really settled. She has run a fever at times. She rested it out all weekend but was not feeling better this morning so I knew we needed to call a doctor. (I have a journal article in the waiting on how God provided in this situation.) The preacher at church is a medical doctor so we called him this morning and asked him to come to the house and check on her. She did not go to school. During our break, I went back home and he had come. She has a digestive infection and he told her to take 2 bottles of Pedialite today. She is also to start the Cipro we brought with us. (Thank you Larry Crockett for the prescription.) She is not to eat anything more than crackers and soup. I believe this will make her feel better. God will take care of her!

That has really been my weekend. We did go on the walking tour Saturday morning before Shelly started feeling really bad. It was so interesting! I will post pictures and tell you about it later.

I am swarmed right now because I have my test tomorrow. I am not as fluent as Shelly and got frustrated today with some oral practice. Sometimes it just does not make sense. Oh well, I will survive.

I need to go to the pharmacy right now to get Shelly's Pedialite, then tend to her and then study for the rest of the day. Please say a prayer for her infection. I will continue to take care of her. We are in this together. She should start to feel better tomorrow if not this afternoon.

Chad

1 comment:

allison said...

Get some rest and down that Pedialyte! You'll be back at it in no time. We know you're both doing awesome at language school!!!