Monday, July 27, 2009

Early Morning Phone Call

Shelly and I were heading to the 8 am worship at Berry's Chapel yesterday when my cell phone rang at 7:35 am. I answered it and Dewight Lanham had forgot to get a class teacher for the Hispanic congregation because their preacher is out of town. I was preaching for them last night due to that. He asked if I could do the class and I said sure. I knew we would be "winging it"...in Spanish. They are actually studying a book with many Scriptures so we built the class together around that.

I returned last night to preach for them and enjoyed that very much. With my new job, I need to sharpen up my Spanish so this was a great start. I am preaching all day for them next Sunday. At least I know I am teaching class beforehand.

I was impressed with the 4 individuals in worship last night. Out of the 4 of them, one had been baptized 2 years and the rest under a year. They were so young in their faith but so knowledgeable of God. What a credit to them for studying and knowing what is most important in life. I look forward to class with them on Wednesday night and worship all day next Sunday.

Chad

No comments: