Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exciting day at the airport

Shelly and I were in the Tegucigalpa airport on Monday to pick up her mom and dad. We can walk through the airport with our eyes closed because we have been in there so much so to see something new and interesting stirred our curiosity.

First, the deportation plane from the States arrived before the normal flights to stop on the runway away from the airport to make the people on board walk off and down the runway to some area away from everyone. I wonder what happens to them once they do arrive on their native soil?

Second, as we were waiting for Hugh and Lynn to get through customs, I noticed a lot of very large guys coming through. I initially thought that they were US military coming in to serve for some time in Honduras. That is pretty common in the airport. I didn't think much about it until we were waiting for luggage to come along on the belt when I looked up and saw the head football coach at the University of Georgia. He had on his Georgia red logo shirt and I made the connection. The very large guys were football players and they must be on a team mission trip. At least I hope that is the case. If it is true, I respect him for doing that. We were out of there pretty fast with Lynn and Hugh's luggage so I did not get a chance to ask the coach any questions.

It was a pretty interesting day in the airport in Tegucigalpa on Monday. It is amazing what you will look for in the most common of places. We are having fun with Shelly's mom and dad. They are seeing the town and taking it all in for the very first time. We grilled hamburgers tonight and ate on the patio outside. The burgers were excellent!

Only 3 days until Shelly's birthday...the big 29. If you want to send her a card, you can email it to shelly@missionlazarus.org. She would love to hear from you.

Chad

No comments: