Thursday, June 18, 2009

This is for Tiffany!

I was reminded last night at Woodson's VBS Homemade Ice Cream Grand Finale that I had not updated our blog in a while. Shelly and I told her that means either we have nothing going on or we are too busy. I can tell you that it is not the first one for sure!

Looking for a job is the pits! I have had some extremely frustrating times with churches and some HUGE disappointments. Next time we are together, feel free to ask me about those. They are too long to type. I have basically put it in God's hands. He will provide. I am a little tired of looking and being disappointed. I do have some leads but I am letting God take the controls. Maybe it will work that way.

Shelly and I have decided to enjoy the time we have together with no jobs to go to. Shelly is on summer vacation from school. We usually can sleep in and then ask each other what we want to do that day. Part of me likes that but I am READY for a job to show up to. I have been asked to speak at several local churches on Sundays and Wednesdays so that keeps my brain going. I enjoy sharing the Word of God with others.

This week I am helping my friend Larry Crockett build his little daughter a play set. We are actually building the border around it and leveling the ground. The rubber mulch to put in it arrived today so that is tomorrow's job. It is so HOT outside. It is amazing the difference in the heat between Honduras and TN. The same temperature number, but the humidity will kill you here. Larry and I usually take a break each hour or more and take on water and shower ourselves with the water hose.

Things are going well though. Tiffany, I hope this catches you up with what is happening with us. I will try to stay on top of this more. Have a great summer night!

Chad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for the update! :-)
Happy Belated anniversary! Hope y'all are having a great week!
Love you,
Tiffany