Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Holy Week

We are in Tennesse right now until the 11th. We had a Mission Lazarus Board Meeting to attend last Saturday and Jerrie Barber, the preacher I was working with at Berry's Chapel, retired Sunday and we did not want to miss that event for him and BC.

Jerrie Barber is my mentor and someone I deeply admire. He taught me so much over the years I was at BC and I appreciate every minute I had the opportunity to be around him. We had a retirement party for him yesterday at BC which lasted from 8 am until 3 pm. Jerrie said it was the longest party he has ever had and if you know him, you know that he has had a lot of parties. Shelly and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at BC yesterday. Getting to talk to our church family was encouraging. Knowing that there are so many people out there praying for you is such an encouragement and keeps us going. Thank you Jerrie for your example to me and thank you BC for a great party yesterday for everyone.

Do you like your shower at home? I have to drop a line and say that the showers in the States are absolutely GREAT! Having pressure and hot, hot water at the same time is a dream come true. Don't take your shower for granted!

We are enjoying our time with family and friends but look forward to returning to Honduras and getting our hands dirty again. I will post a picture of Jerrie, Gail, Shelly and I soon.

Adios. Chad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you guys are getting to spend some time in the States! TJ will be there, too, actually. April 6-12 or something like that. He's recording another children's album, which I think will be even better than the first!!!!

I love reading what's going on with you guys, and hope to run into each other again soon!